Game 7: 3-4 Cope
Chicago remains Chicago for the Mariners…. but there’s some hope in this extremely close series.
There were plenty of working parts we should be happy with today, and the last two games. Including these two dudes.
Some happy thoughts from today:
- Morales. Checked in with 3 hits today, including a solo homer in the 6th that allowed the Mariners to take back the lead.
- Another Morse jack, his 5th in 7 games… could get used to those kind of numbers.
- Iwakuma looked good today, he gave up just 4 hits in 8 innings, unfortunately 2 of those were home runs, but so it goes in Chicago…
- Saunders, who came in as a pinch-hitter in the 8th, extended his hitting streak to 5 games.
- Our bullpen continues to impress. Perez, Capps, and Luetge combined to get us effortlessly through the 9th. Unfortunately Loe succumbed to homerun city.
- …And the most very happiest thought of all. Tomorrow the Mariners COME HOME! Let’s see how these boys play in the (new?) Safeco!